Dark Souls II All Achievements is a speedrun category in which the player attempts to gain all achievements (PC/Xbox 360) or trophies (PS3) as fast as possible. All achievements/trophies must be unlocked on the same character, which the player creates after selecting "New Game" in the main menu of the game, without any achievements being unlocked previous to the start of the new game.
There are no further restrictions on how to complete the run. Skips, glitches and sequence breaks are all allowed. Third party software and game modifications are not allowed with the exception of the No Babyjump Mod and the Mad Warrior Spawn Tracker.
Running on older patches of the game is allowed. Runs are normally done on Patch 1.02.
The Windows application Steam Achievement Manager by gibbed can be used to remove already acquired achievements on your Steam profile. Make sure to follow the instructions on the developers website. As of 27th of April, a steam update seems to make trouble for the Steam Achievement Manager. However, you can add the game manually over its Steam ID 236430 and reset the achievements this way. This is advised as it makes tracking achievements during a run much easier and also helps in verifying a run. On consoles, it is possible to play on a new user profile to regain achievements/trophies.
|Route Name||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VOD|
|NG+ Full Completion||-||4:36:46||pseudostripy|
|NG Full Completion||-||4:31:31||2RED2Game|
- Like all Dark Souls II speedruns the run time is recorded using a timer program.
- Runners have to start the timer during the loading screen before the first cutscene in Things Betwixt and stop the timer on the first frame after the last action to achieve the "The Dark Soul" achievement has been completed.
- Achievement popups must be visible in the recording of the run. Submitted runs without visible Achievement popups will not be accepted.
- The use of pre-order weapons is forbidden.
- You may not edit your game in any way other than using MSI Afterburner to lock your game at 60FPS, also display your framerate on livestream / recordings, and using the No Babyjump Mod.
- You may not use savefiles. Using savefiles is common when practicing certain parts in a run but these are not counted as 'official' times.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed.
- Online play with other players in any way is completely banned.
- Summoning NPC's however is not only allowed, but required in order to complete the run.
Learning an All Achievements speedrun in Dark Souls II may seem daunting at first but there are ways of making the learning process easier. Start by doing an initial run through and making sure to do the following things:
- Follow the notes as accurately as you can (getting safety bonfires is fine, also feel free to skip using Red Tearstone Ring (when applicable) to start with). Don't level more than you should. Try not to lose large amounts of souls since there is no way to get them back.
- Make savefiles before each part that you might have trouble with. You can just copy the savefile (generally in "\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII\<SomeCode>") into a seperate folder or use the SpeedSouls - Save Organizer.
- Make splits. Download a program like Livesplit or WSplit and setup your splits. It doesn't matter how bad they are in you first run.
- It is recommended to not do the farming parts in your initial practice/savefiling run (Mad Warriors/Sunlight Medals); to make sure that you still managed to unlock all achievements with your practice run you can drop the spells acquired by these farming sequences using third party software (these are Hidden Weapon and Sunlight Spear).
Once you have completed your first run and made savefiles practice the parts you are least confident with then try another run. When you get more confident you should stop getting safety bonfires and start doing riskier strategies.