Dark Souls Remastered Any% Glitchless is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible without abusing mechanics that are considered Glitches (with minor exceptions). There are no added restrictions on how the player completes the game, they must simply start a new character and reach the credits as quickly as they can.
Skips and sequence breaks are allowed as long as they do not abuse glitches or go out of bounds. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed; apart from a few exceptions allowed by the community.
|Route||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VOD|
(The rules listed here are specific to this category. Go to this page to find the rules that apply to all Dark Souls Remastered speedruns.)
- You may kill as many or as few bosses as you want to finish the game.
- All Glitches are banned. (Apart from those listed in Allowed Mechanics.)
- Any skips that require the use of deathcam or out of bounds areas are banned.
- The Save & Quit mechanic can not be used for sequence breaks in this category. This includes slope quitouts, Fall Control quitouts or breaking breakable objects with the character standup animation after loading in. It may still be used to skip animations, reset enemy positions and aggro or resetting your position to the last stable position (e.g. after a fall or to leave a bossfight).
Toggle Escape: Allows the player to skip the landing animation after a fall by switching to another equipped weapon slot (also works empty-handed)/one-handing your right-hand weapon in mid-air and pressing the Dodge button upon landing. The same mechanic allows the player to skip a stagger animation after being hit by an enemy attack.
Slope Roll: A slope roll is any roll performed on a slope that cancels fall damage by using the i-frames of a roll at the correct timing. In rare cases a slope roll can prevent lethal full health fall damage.
Learning a speedrun in Dark Souls may seem daunting at first but there are ways of making the learning process easier. Do an initial run through making sure to do the following things:
- Follow the notes as accurately as you can (getting safety bonfires is fine, also feel free to skip using Red Tearstone Ring (RTSR) to start with). Don't level more than you should.
- Make savefiles before each part that you might have trouble with. You can just copy the savefile (generally in "\Users\<YourName>\Documents\NBGI\DARK SOULS REMASTERED\<Username>") into a seperate folder or use the SpeedSouls - Save Organizer.
- Make splits. Download a program like Livesplit and setup your splits. It doesn't matter how bad they are in your first run.
Once you have completed your first run and made savefiles practice the parts you are least confident with then try another run. When you get more confident you should stop getting safety bonfires and start using Red Tearstone Ring for more battles.