Dark Souls is a 3D Action RPG, developed by FROM Software and released in 2011. A DLC named Artorias of the Abyss was released in 2012. The game is available for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
Currently, 3 separate categories exist:
- Any%, using the current patch, defeating the end boss and reaching NG+ as quickly as possible.
- Any% (Kiln Skip), same as any%, but using save-file manipulation to skip a large portion of the game. Only possible on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 paltforms up until Patch Version 1.05.
- All Bosses, finishing the game while defeating every enemy that has a boss health bar at the bottom of the screen. This includes the DLC, which is always included in the PC version.
Since the game has significant discrepancies in load times on all the platforms, the official run time is counted as the In-game time (IGT), displayed when the //Save & Quit// option is used after skipping the credits and going to the //Load Game// screen in the main menu.
- Any%: 51:01 Minutes, by Santzo84 (VOD)
- Any% (Kiln Skip): 25:11 Minutes by Treynquil (VOD)
- All Bosses: 81:01 Minutes by Santzo84 (VOD)
Note: All times are, as stated above, in In-game time.
There are a number of glitches, tricks and sequence breaks that can significantly shorten the amount of time needed to progress through the game.
- Duke skip: this sequence breaks allows to skip the prison area in the Duke's Archives, saving a scripted death and about 5 minutes of running.
- Ceaseless skip: this sequence breaks allows the player to skip fighting the boss Ceaseless Discharge, saving about 2 minutes.
- Soul dupe, this glitch lets a player use an item with a confirmation box to be used infinitely, by tricking the game into using up a different item from the inventory instead.
- Move swap, this glitch swaps the running and rolling attack from one weapon to another, leading to ridiculous damage output with the right combination.
- Tokhi Bombs, two strategically thrown bombs in the Bed of Chaos encounter can shorten the fight by 1:10 minutes.
- Drop stagger skip, by switching to the other equipped weapon slot (also works empty-handed) and pressing the Dodge button in mid-air, the player character can immediately run after landing from a drop without getting staggered.
- Save & Quit, saving and reloading the character resets all enemy positions, saves the player from deadly falls and resets boss encounters that are currently ongoing, placing the player character outside the boss fog gate.