Dark Souls III Any% is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible.
- There are no added restrictions on how the player completes the game, they must simply start a new character and beat the final boss as quickly as they can.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed.
- This category uses all available glitches and is run on Patch Version 1.04. Check the Dark Souls 3 Downpatcher to use Patch Version 1.04.
- You may not use savefiles. Using savefiles is common when practicing certain parts in a run but these are not counted as 'official' times.
- Not using TearDrop is considered a different category.
- Runs are measured on IGT. When finishing, runners are required to at least show the IGT (In-Game Time) in their runs.
|Route||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VOD|
|Anri's Straight Sword Any%||-||32:46||l_r_foole|
Skips, Glitches and Methods used in Any%
Learning a speedrun in Dark Souls III may seem daunting at first but there are ways of making the learning process easier. Start by doing an initial run through and making sure to do the following things:
- Follow the notes as accurately as you can (getting safety bonfires is fine). Don't level more than you should. Try not to lose large amounts of souls since there is no way to get them back.
- Make savefiles before each part that you might have trouble with. You can just copy the savefile (generally in "\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII\<SomeCode>") into a seperate folder or use the SpeedSouls - Save Organizer.
- Make splits. Download a program like Livesplit or WSplit and setup your splits. It doesn't matter how bad they are in you first run.
Once you have completed your first run and made savefiles practice the parts you are least confident with then try another run. When you get more confident you should stop getting safety bonfires and start doing riskier strategies.