Difference between revisions of "darksouls:100%"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
'''(3)''' Any item pickup in an area that stays in the area on reload needs to be picked up
'''(3)''' Any item pickup in an area that stays in the area on reload needs to be picked up towards the area completion.
Revision as of 01:38, 12 August 2017
Dark Souls 100% Area Completion is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible while also clearing every single area. Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed; apart from a few exceptions allowed by the community.
- Clearing all 26 bosses
- Clearing all non-respawning enemies (1)
- Unlocking all shortcuts (2)
- Dissolving all foggates
- Kindling all 43 bonfires to the furthest level
- Picking up all item collectibles (3)
- Finishing all NPC questlines (4)
(1) All of them need to be cleared when you finish the game. Any means are allowed here as long as the entities don't exist in the area anymore, for example the Gargoyles in Anor Londo can be cleared by turning Anor Londo to dark instead of killing them if desired. Black Phantom NPCs can be cleared by simply clearing the boss of the area, but some of them need to be killed separately in order to access all of the collectibles (for example Kirk's or Leeroy's set).
|List of all non-respawning enemies to clear|
(notable examples: Darkling Lady, Forest Hunters, 2 NPC Knights in Dark AL)
(2) Any door, gate, elevator or similar construct counts as a shortcut if it can only be opened/activated from one side initially.
|List of all shortcuts to open|
(3) Any item pickup in an area that stays in the area on reload needs to be picked up and counts towards the area completion.
(4) Generally, any NPC moving from one place to another or any NPC appearing/disappearing is considered a questline. Questlines have to be pursued until the furthest progression point where the NPC either has to be killed when hollow or the questline reward has to be obtained by talking to them (if there is any reward). Premature killing does not count as a completed questline.
|List of all NPC questlines|
|Route Type||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VOD|
(The rules listed here are specific to this category. Go to this page to find the rules that apply to all Dark Souls speedruns.)
- You need to complete all the objectives listed above in every single area before finishing the game by killing Gwyn and choosing an ending.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed with the exception of the Warp Glitch. All others like Duke Skip, Ceaseless Skip, Item Dupe, Moveswap or Toggle Escape are fair-game.